Terms and Conditions
Docklands Restaurants and Bars trading as Fox Excel.
The agreed minimum spend is the minimum amount that must be met by the pre ordering of food/drinks prior to the booking date and/or as well as a pre paid bar tab to be used during the booking.
*If it has been agreed at time of booking that the minimum spend can be reached by guests purchasing drinks during the booking, but the minimum spend is not reached, any outstanding balance must be paid in full by the event organiser prior to leaving the venue.
For any bookings where a food pre order has been organised, a delivery time will be agreed upon by the venue and the organiser. On the day of the event, the client may ask to delay food by no more than 30 minutes regardless of guest arrival.
1. To confirm and secure a booking a 40% deposit of the agreed minimum spend and signed contract must both be completed. Once invoice/deposit link and contract have been sent the booking will only be held for 48hrs before being released and potentially offered to another customer. Once payment and contract are complete the booking will be secured and confirmed.
2. The organiser may request to make changes to the booking at any time up to 2 weeks prior to the event date by giving notice of such proposed changes to the venue. The proposed changes must be approved by the Event Sales Manager in order to take effect.
3. The organiser must inform the venue of the final number of guests who will attend the event no later than 10 days prior to the event date. The final number of guests who will attend must be approved by the Event Sales Manager.
4. The venue requires the finalised food and drink pre order, and any outstanding balances, no later than 2 weeks prior to the booking date. If not received by this time the venue reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain any payments already made.
5. The venue does not permit any external food and drinks to be consumed on the premises. If the venue has been hired exclusively, and the Event Sales Manager has authorised consumption of external food and drink, a food waiver must but be signed by the event organiser at time of booking and upon arrival.
6. No external speakers are permitted on the premises. Any external music played must be connected to the existing venue speakers.
Cancellation & Payments
1. The event organiser must pay any outstanding balance in full to the venue no later than 4 weeks prior to the event date.
2. If the venue approves any proposed changes to the booking, or a change to the number of guests under clause (2 within the BOOKING section of the event contract), the venue reserves the right to increase any minimum spends / hire charges. The venue shall give notice to the organiser of any increases.
3. All charges are inclusive of VAT.
4. The organiser may pay the charges using most major credit cards, debit cards, and BACS. Cheques are not able to be accepted.
5. Unless otherwise agreed with the Event Sales Manager, all BACS charges must be paid within 7 days of receipt of an invoice from the venue specifying the amount due.
6. If a person other than the named organiser is responsible for making payment, the organiser must notify the venue of who to expect payment from at time of booking.
Cancellation and Refunds Policy (please read carefully):
1. If the organiser wishes to cancel the booking prior to the event, the organiser must give notice in writing to the venue.
2. If the organiser wishes cancel the booking within 30 days of the initial deposit payment, the organiser will receive a full refund of the deposit.
3. If the organiser wishes to cancel the event with 8 weeks or more prior to the event date, and the deposit or full amount has already been paid, only the initial 40% deposit of the agreed minimum spend will be kept by the venue. Anything outside of this amount will be refunded back to the organiser.
4. If the organiser wishes to cancel the event within 4 to 8 weeks prior to the event date, and the deposit or full amount has already been paid, the initial 40% deposit of the agreed minimum spend will be kept by the venue. The organiser will also owe 75% of the agreed minimum spend to the venue (inclusive of the deposit amount).
5. If the organiser wishes to cancel the event within 4 weeks of the event date, the organiser will owe the full agreed minimum spend to the venue. The organiser will not be entitled to any refund.
Cancellation by Venue:
1. The venue reserves the right to cancel the booking at its sole and absolute discretion by providing notice in writing to the organiser in the following circumstances:
(a) if the organiser fails to pay the deposit or outstanding balance;
(b) if, prior to the booking, the venue reasonably considers that the nature of the event is different from the nature declared when the booking was made, the organiser will not be entitled to any refund of charges already paid;
(c) if, prior to the event, the venue has become aware of any deterioration in the organisers / company's financial situation, such as that the venue reasonably considers that the organiser / company is unable to fulfil its payment obligations under this Event Contract. The organiser will not be entitled to any refund of charges already paid;
(d) if the venue is unable to carry out any of its obligations under the Event Contract due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the organiser will be entitled to negotiate refunds of charges already paid;
(e) the venue reserves the right to cancel the event at any time.
If the venue is unable to deliver the booking/event as per the booking contract due to Covid restrictions an offer to move the booking to a later date will be offered. No refunds will be offered for cancellations due to isolation.
1. All Client invitations to the Event shall be approved by the Event Sales Manager.
2. Prior to the Event, Fox Excel and the Client will together agree a door policy for the Event.
3. Subject to the Client’s compliance with its obligations under this Private Hire Contract, Fox Excel agrees to:
(a) hire out the Venue on the Date specified in the Event Details, for the Time specified in the Event Details to enable the Client to access and use the Venue for the sole purpose of hosting the Event;
(b) provide the food and drink specified in the Event Details or as otherwise agreed between the parties in writing.
4. Fox Excel shall provide reasonably adequate staffing at the Venue for the Event. Only security staff provided by the Venue’s approved security company may be present inside, and on the doors of the Venue, at any time during the Event. Should the Client wish to bring in additional security for any reason, the Event Sales Manager must be notified and may approve such request at its sole discretion.
5. Wines, beers, spirits and other consumables are subject to availability and Fox Excel reserves the right to provide alternative wine, beers, spirits and other consumables at the Event without giving notice to the Client.
6.The Client agrees:
(a) Not to move any furniture in the Venue without the prior approval of the Event Sales Manager or General Manager;
(b) Not to permit any contractors and sub-contractors to enter the Venue without the prior approval of the Event Sales Manager or General Manager;
(c) Ensure that no damage is caused to the Venue;
(d) Ensure that its guests do not enter any area of the Venue that is not allocated for the Event;
(e) To allow Fox Excel and its employees access to any and all areas used by the Client during the Event;
(f) Not to obstruct the parameters of the Venue which are reserved rights of way for fire escapes, or do anything which would reasonably be deemed to cause an increased risk in the occurrence of a fire or affect the safety of all persons in or about the Venue; and
(g) To comply with all Fox Excels health and safety policies.
7. Fox Excel reserves the right to refuse admission to the Venue should any visitor or guest who in its reasonable opinion is drunk, unruly or who is under the age of 18 years old, unless approved in writing by the Event Sales Manager prior to the Event.
1. The Client shall pay Fox Excel for the cost of repairing any damage to the Venue where such damage was caused by the Client or its guests during the Event, along with any loss of earnings incurred by Fox Excel as a result of said damage or disruption to the Venue.
2. Fox Excels liability will be limited to 100% of the charges paid or payable by the Client under this Private Hire Contract.
3. Fox Excel will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to the Client’s property, or the property of the Client’s guests or other persons for whom the Client is responsible, unless such loss, damage or injury is due to negligence of the Venue.
4. Fox Excel will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Private Hire Agreement, or any loss suffered by the Client if such delay, failure or loss is due to due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
5. Nothing in this Private Hire Contract excludes or limits either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
1. The parties agree to keep confidential all information relating to the affairs or business of the other party, and may not disclose such information without the other party’s prior written consent.
2. Any notices to be given under this Private Hire Agreement must be made in writing and delivered by hand or by post specified in the Event Details. All notices for Fox Excel should be sent for the attention of the Event Sales Manager and General Manager.
3. The Client is not permitted to assign any of its rights and obligations under this Private Hire Contract without the prior written consent of Fox Excel, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.
4. The parties do not intend any third party to have the right to enforce any provision of the Private Hire Contract under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
5. This Private Hire Contract and any non-contractual obligations arising under it will be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity. In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.