Terms and Conditions
The agreed minimum spend is the minimum amount to be purchased over the course of the night. Only food and drink will go towards the minimum spend. Any pre ordered food and drink will go towards the final minimum spend. If the minimum spend is not met by the end of the event, this must be paid on full by the event organiser prior to leaving the venue.
For any bookings where a food pre order has been organised, a delivery time will be agreed upon by Fox Connaught and the client. On the day of the event, the client may ask to delay food by no more than 30minutes regardless of guest arrival.
1. When the Client makes a Booking, Fox Connaught will hold the Booking provisionally, without receipt of the Deposit or the signed Private Hire Contract, until 2 weeks prior to the Event. If the Deposit is not paid by the date due, Fox Connaught may cancel the Booking.
2. The Client may request to make changes to the Booking at any time up to 2 weeks prior to the Event by giving notice of such proposed changes to Fox Excel. The proposed changes must be approved by the Event Sales Manager in order to take effect.
3. If Fox Excel approves a change to the Booking, any Deposit that has already been paid by the Client to Fox Connaught as confirmation of the original Booking may be retained as confirmation of the amended Booking.
4. The Client must inform Fox Connaught of the final number of guests who will attend the Event at least a week prior to the Event, unless otherwise agreed with the Event Sales Manager. The final number of guests who will attend the Event must be approved by the Event Sales Manager.
Cancellation & Payments
If Fox Connaught are unable to deliver the booking/event as per the booking contract due to Covid-19 restrictions an offer to move the booking to a later date will be offered or the option to cancel and receive a full refund. No refunds will be offered for cancellations due to isolation.
1. At least four weeks prior to the Event, the Client will pay outstanding balance in full to Fox Connaught
2. If Fox Connaught approve any proposed changes to the Booking, or a change to the number of guests, Fox Connaught reserves the right to increase the Hire Charge. Fox Connaught shall give notice to the Client of any increases to the Hire Charge.
3. All charges are inclusive of VAT.
4. The Client may pay the charges using most major credit cards, debit cards, and BACS. Cheques are not able to be accepted.
5. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all charges shall be paid within 7 days of receipt of an invoice from Fox Connaught specifying the amount due.
6. If a person other than the Client is responsible for payment of the charges, the Client must notify Fox Connaught when making the Booking.
Cancellation and Refunds Policy (please read carefully)
1. If the Client wishes to cancel the Booking prior to an Event, the Client must give notice in writing to Fox Connaught
2. If notice is given by the Client to cancel the Booking at least 8 weeks prior to the Event, and the Client has already paid the Deposit or full amount, Fox Connaught will provide a refund of the full Deposit to the Client.
3. If notice is given by the Client to cancel the Booking with less than 4 weeks prior to the Event, the Deposit (50% or more of the hire charge agreed) is not refundable.
4. Fox Connaught reserves the right to cancel the Booking at its sole and absolute discretion by providing notice in writing to the Client in the following circumstances:
(a) if the Client fails to pay the Deposit;
(b) if, prior to the Event, Fox Connaught reasonably considers that the nature of the Event is different from the nature declared when the Booking was made. [The Client will not be entitled to any refund of charges already paid];
(c) if, prior to the Event, Fox Connaught become aware of any deterioration in the Client’s financial situation such that the Company reasonably considers that the Client is unable to fulfil its payment obligations under this Private Hire Contract. [The Client will not be entitled to any refund of charges already paid];and
(d) if Fox Connaught is unable to carry out any of its obligations under the Private Hire Contract due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. [The Client will be entitled to any refund of charges already paid].
1. All Client invitations to the Event shall be approved by the Event Sales Manager.
2. Prior to the Event, Fox Connaught and the Client will together agree a door policy for the Event.
3. Subject to the Client’s compliance with its obligations under this Private Hire Contract, Fox Excel agrees to:
(a) hire out the Venue on the Date specified in the Event Details, for the Time specified in the Event Details to enable the Client to access and use the Venue for the sole purpose of hosting the Event;
(b) provide the food and drink specified in the Event Details or as otherwise agreed between the parties in writing.
4. Fox Connaught shall provide reasonably adequate staffing at the Venue for the Event. Only security staff provided by the Venue’s approved security company may be present inside, and on the doors of the Venue, at any time during the Event. Should the Client wish to bring in additional security for any reason, the Event Sales Manager must be notified and may approve such request at its sole discretion.
5. Wines, beers, spirits and other consumables are subject to availability and Fox Connaught reserves the right to provide alternative wine, beers, spirits and other consumables at the Event without giving notice to the Client.
6.The Client agrees:
(a) Not to move any furniture in the Venue without the prior approval of the Event Sales Manager or General Manager;
(b) Not to permit any contractors and sub-contractors to enter the Venue without the prior approval of the Event Sales Manager or General Manager;
(c) Ensure that no damage is caused to the Venue;
(d) Ensure that its guests do not enter any area of the Venue that is not allocated for the Event;
(e) To allow Fox Connaught and its employees access to any and all areas used by the Client during the Event;
(f) Not to obstruct the parameters of the Venue which are reserved rights of way for fire escapes, or do anything which would reasonably be deemed to cause an increased risk in the occurrence of a fire or affect the safety of all persons in or about the Venue; and
(g) To comply with all Fox Connaught health and safety policies.
7. Fox Connaught reserves the right to refuse admission to the Venue should any visitor or guest who in its reasonable opinion is drunk, unruly or who is under the age of 18 years old, unless approved in writing by the Event Sales Manager prior to the Event.
1. The Client shall pay Fox Connaught for the cost of repairing any damage to the Venue where such damage was caused by the Client or its guests during the Event, along with any loss of earnings incurred by Fox Connaught as a result of said damage or disruption to the Venue.
2. Fox Connaughts liability will be limited to 100% of the charges paid or payable by the Client under this Private Hire Contract.
3. Fox Connaught will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to the Client’s property, or the property of the Client’s guests or other persons for whom the Client is responsible, unless such loss, damage or injury is due to negligence of the Venue.
4. Fox Connaught will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Private Hire Agreement, or any loss suffered by the Client if such delay, failure or loss is due to due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
5. Nothing in this Private Hire Contract excludes or limits either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
1. The parties agree to keep confidential all information relating to the affairs or business of the other party, and may not disclose such information without the other party’s prior written consent.
2. Any notices to be given under this Private Hire Agreement must be made in writing and delivered by hand or by post specified in the Event Details. All notices for Fox Connaught should be sent for the attention of the Event Sales Manager and General Manager.
3. The Client is not permitted to assign any of its rights and obligations under this Private Hire Contract without the prior written consent of Fox Connaught, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.
4. The parties do not intend any third party to have the right to enforce any provision of the Private Hire Contract under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
5. This Private Hire Contract and any non-contractual obligations arising under it will be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity. In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.